Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gay Marriage: A Senator Responds

Please write letters of support to this senator, and ask your senator to oppose the legislation legalizing same-gender marriage.

Following is a letter from Senator Martin J. Golden, written in response to an emotional letter from a frum Brooklyn man decrying the upcoming vote on legalizing same-gender marriage in New York.


May 9th, 2011

Dear Mr. Yoily Weiss,

Thank you for contacting me with regard to defending traditional marriage. I appreciate you taking time to share your views with me.

It has always been my belief and position that the institution of marriage is between a man and a woman. I will continue to defend that. I also believe this is not necessarily an issue to be legislated.

This has become an increasingly divisive issue and in my opinion, we have bigger challenges facing our state that we need to focus on instead, such as jobs, the economy, property taxes, and many others.

Thank you again for sharing your support of traditional marriages with me. I will keep your views, as well as those of many of my other constituents, in mind during this legislative session.

Sincerely,
Martin J. Golden
22nd District

No comments:

Post a Comment